Off Topic: The Flood
This topic has moved here: Subject: Anyone excited for the new Xbox?
  • Subject: Anyone excited for the new Xbox?
  • Pages:
  • of 2
Subject: Anyone excited for the new Xbox?

Posted by: Dr TimothyLeary

Posted by: DarkestSeptagon

Posted by: BENNY 092
Nope
I speculate that:
-Ridiculously high launch price
-If its anything like the 360 it will be rushed to beat the PS4 launch so it could be faulty: RROD-like problems again
-Microsoft are moving from away from a gaming console to an entertainment console: expect to see more Kinect like rubbish which therefore means less hardcore games
- Lack of decent launch games
-Lack of new IPs: Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza are the main ones the Xbox exclusively has, new ones are really needed for the next gen.
Not sure I understand your logic there. Microsoft is adding more entertainment features, that's not going to stop any games from coming to the Xbox or being made.
Current rumors state that there will be two versions of the box. One will be a traditional console with a blueray drive. The other is expected to be more of a media center that is used just for movies, music, and downloadable games.

Doesn't mean they're moving away from anything, though. Just throwing things against a wall and seeing if it sticks. There very well may be a market for such a device.

That's slightly more reassuring, but I'd rather they just concentrate on making 1 console just for gaming.
It's obvious that they will make it play movies, music and search the web. But i wish they didnt cram it down our throats with all the advertising; majority of people have itunes, dvd/blu ray player and a computer/laptop for the internet. We dont need lesser versions of each on consoles.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 8:53 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 8:42 AM PST

Quick as a razor, sharp as a bullet.

Surprised at the negativity in this thread. Personally, I'm really looking forward to it. All we have is speculation and rumor to go by at this point, but I like what I've heard so far.

My opinion may change come E3.

Given how disappointing the last two or three E3s, and consequently gaming calendars, have been from Microsoft, it's not very surprising at all.

Personally, my only 360-exclusive favourites in recent years have been Reach, Ms. 'Splosion Man, Gears 3, Trials Evolution and H4.

• 01.08.2013 8:45 AM PST

Nope NVIDIA shield

• 01.08.2013 8:46 AM PST

Posted by: DarkestSeptagon

Nope
I speculate that:
-Ridiculously high launch price
-If its anything like the 360 it will be rushed to beat the PS4 launch so it could be faulty: RROD-like problems again
-Microsoft are moving from away from a gaming console to an entertainment console: expect to see more Kinect like rubbish which therefore means less hardcore games
- Lack of decent launch games
-Lack of new IPs: Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza are the main ones the Xbox exclusively has, new ones are really needed for the next gen.
Not sure I understand your logic there. Microsoft is adding more entertainment features, that's not going to stop any games from coming to the Xbox or being made.
Current rumors state that there will be two versions of the box. One will be a traditional console with a blueray drive. The other is expected to be more of a media center that is used just for movies, music, and downloadable games.

Doesn't mean they're moving away from anything, though. Just throwing things against a wall and seeing if it sticks. There very well may be a market for such a device.

That's slijghtly more reassuring, but I'd rather they just concentrate on making 1 console just for gaming.
It's obvious that they will make it play movies, music and search the web. But i wish they didnt cram it down our throats with all the advertising; majority of people have itunes, dvd/blu ray player and a computer/laptop for the internet. We dont need lesser versions of each on consoles.
I agree to a point. But they pay attention to market trends and popularity just like anyone else. And there's no denying the success of media devices like Apple tv and Roku boxes. Hell, I have an Apple tv and two Roku boxes myself. Along with several dvd, blue ray, consoles, and whatnot. If there's a market for it, any company will try to get a foothold in it. And Xbox has always wanted to be an "all-in-one" device, anyway.

• 01.08.2013 8:48 AM PST

Wheres Meh Sniper?

Youtube page

I really want to see more information on the next gen console.

• 01.08.2013 9:06 AM PST

Nope. Not getting it.

• 01.08.2013 9:07 AM PST

To infinity, and beyond!
UNSC Leviathan

Posted by: The Thorian
There is a chance that I will be getting it, however I will have to see the details of it first. For now though I am happy with my Xbox 360.

• 01.08.2013 9:10 AM PST

Posted by: The Thorian
There is a chance that I will be getting it, however I will have to see the details of it first. For now though I am happy with my Xbox 360.

Agreed!

• 01.08.2013 9:14 AM PST

Getting a gaming PC instead

• 01.08.2013 9:26 AM PST

A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal.

And from FOX, two phantoms were born.

Somewhat.

Depends what games there are.

• 01.08.2013 9:27 AM PST

• Pages:
  • of 2