Bungie.net Community
This topic has moved here: Subject: A moment of silence, in the name of progress...
  • Subject: A moment of silence, in the name of progress...
Subject: A moment of silence, in the name of progress...

"That's about all that can be said for plots, which anyway are just one thing after another, a what and a what and a what.

Now try how and why."

Will the update change the background to a super sexy shot of Deej, Urk, and Stosh? Cause if it doesn't I'll be disappointed.

• 01.08.2013 9:26 AM PDT

Posted by: LordMonkey
December 8th?

Okay. You got me. It's today. I just committed the blogger equivalent of writing the wrong year on your checkbook.

Posted by: spartain ken 15
I hope we see a new trailer with a bold new site.

Calm down.

• 01.08.2013 9:26 AM PDT

Halo: CE Anniversary Achievement Idea
C-C-C-CANNON BREAKER!
Let Sgt. Johnson die on Halo.

I am seriously trying to keep my cool here, but OH MY GAWD.

• 01.08.2013 9:27 AM PDT

In a time long past, the armies of the dark came again to the lands of men. Their leaders became known as the fallen lords, and their terrible sorcery was without equal in the west.
In 30 years they reduced the civilized nations into carrion and ash. Until the free city of Madrigal alone defined them. An army gathered there, and a desperate battle was joined against the fallen
Heros were born in the fire and bloodshed of the wars which followed and their names and deeds will never be forgotten

Posted by: CTN 0452 9
Okay, it's today, now: Hell yeah, bungie.next!

I am excited the end of darkness is here and we get the first look. I knew it was supposed to be really soon and I am glad it was really soon. :)

I just checked the Twitter and there was nothing about the update or maintenance yet.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 9:28 AM PST]

This is the way the world ends,
This is the way the world ends;
Not with a bang but a whimper.

But... that's today? Did I make it in time?! Phew. That was a close one. I was scared I didn't make the cutoff.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 9:28 AM PST]

Posted by: DeeJ

Posted by: spartain ken 15
I hope we see a new trailer with a bold new site.

Calm down.

Something tells me Bungie.next is still a while off. Either that or just Destiny. :/

[Edited on 01.08.2013 9:29 AM PST]

• gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

And the Shadow fell upon the Land, and the World was riven stone from stone. The oceans fled, and the mountains were swallowed up, and the nations were scattered to the eight corners of the World. The moon was blood, and the sun was as ashes. The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the Shadow and the Breaking of the World. And him they named Dragon.

Gonna be disappointed if this isn't the big Destiny reveal!!!!!

[Edited on 01.08.2013 9:29 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 9:28 AM PDT
  • gamertag: Keir F
  • user homepage:

But at what time?!
THE SUSPENSE!

Subject: If you saw a meteor coming toward Earth, what would you do?Posted by: juniorbandit96
Butter my ass, turn around, spread open my butt cheeks, and say "Right here mutha-blam!-a!!"

Join Planetary Annihilation and Speed Haven

Posted by: homocidalham
Will the update change the background to a super sexy shot of Deej, Urk, and Stosh? Cause if it doesn't I'll be disappointed.
I hope so. All three at once

• user homepage:

Well, here we are. I guess that it was destined to come to this.

Posted by: Kosh Nanarek
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.

• 01.08.2013 9:29 AM PDT

I have to go to class in a few hours. If this thing isn't up before I go, Bungie is personally responsible for my lack of attention during today's teachings.

Don't have this on your conscience, guys. Make this snappy.

• 01.08.2013 9:29 AM PDT

In a time long past, the armies of the dark came again to the lands of men. Their leaders became known as the fallen lords, and their terrible sorcery was without equal in the west.
In 30 years they reduced the civilized nations into carrion and ash. Until the free city of Madrigal alone defined them. An army gathered there, and a desperate battle was joined against the fallen
Heros were born in the fire and bloodshed of the wars which followed and their names and deeds will never be forgotten

Posted by: Qbix89

Judging by Deej's reply I am going to guess that is a negative.

Can't wait to see how the site looks, hope they keep the Blue.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 9:30 AM PST]

• 01.08.2013 9:30 AM PDT

This is the way the world ends;
Not with a bang but a whimper.

Oh, and Bungie: Be prepared for unforeseen consequences...

• 01.08.2013 9:30 AM PDT

Hi I'm RT and I like to argue!

"preparatory maintenance"

Calm down, people. Don't get your hopes up too much.

• 01.08.2013 9:31 AM PDT

D:

I guess I'll just go do something productive then... :'(

• user homepage:

I think they're going to announce they're doing the next dlc map pack for Halo 4!

[Edited on 01.08.2013 9:33 AM PST]

Posted by: RighteousTyrant
"preparatory maintenance"

Calm down, people. Don't get your hopes up too much.
Stop pissing in my cheerios.

• 01.08.2013 9:32 AM PDT

Halo: CE Anniversary Achievement Idea
C-C-C-CANNON BREAKER!
Let Sgt. Johnson die on Halo.

Posted by: homocidalham

You know damn well that Halcylon will sneak in a shot of himself too.

• 01.08.2013 9:32 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

And the Shadow fell upon the Land, and the World was riven stone from stone. The oceans fled, and the mountains were swallowed up, and the nations were scattered to the eight corners of the World. The moon was blood, and the sun was as ashes. The seas boiled, and the living envied the dead. All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the Shadow and the Breaking of the World. And him they named Dragon.

It might just be! I'm so stoked now!!!!
Posted by: Butane123

I think they're going to announce they're doing the dlc next map pack for Halo 4!

• 01.08.2013 9:33 AM PDT

"Except we, we're the zebras. All fenced in...and ready for the slaughter!"

||S-fen Knee-cheh
||19th Shock Troops Battalion

I hope I'll be able to re-associate my Gt of 7 years to this Bnet account on B.next. I need my Zebra avatar to survive.

• 01.08.2013 9:33 AM PDT

The WorkPLace

Posted by: FALSE R3ALITYx
And Cobravert is absolutely correct.

Posted by: Der Todesengel
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth and Cobra."
- Der

It might just be! I'm so stoked now!!!!
Posted by: Butane123

I think they're going to announce they're doing the dlc next map pack for Halo 4!

Careful now. You might mess up your hair.

• 01.08.2013 9:34 AM PDT

Hi. My name is Sean. I've been a Bungie fan since Halo launched. Some of my interests include games, exercising, laser tag, martial arts, movies, music, sports, and technology. Feel free to contact me at any time.

cryptic@me.com | Facebook | Twitter | Xbox LIVE

Posted by: DeeJ
Check this out.
OMG!

• 01.08.2013 9:35 AM PDT

Wheres Meh Sniper?

Youtube page

I just got so excited!

• 01.08.2013 9:36 AM PDT

Why are people so excited? I think they would have said something more if this was Bungie.next on the way.

Just an average Iowa State University student. Go Cyclones!

"Preparatory" sounds like it's getting ready for Bungie.next rather than switching over. But I guess we won't know until we're on the other side!