• of 2
Subject: Worst Mass Effect game

Posted by: the arbytor

Posted by: CIint Beastwood
I assume we're only talking about the campaign, so:

ME1: Best plot, sort of good gameplay
ME2: Sort of good plot, good gameplay
ME3: Worst plot, best gameplay

Looks like they're all about even. I vote for ME1 though.

Fix'd

OT:I vote ME3 as it pretty much forgot about ME2

"Dark energy and Reapers are Synthetic-Organic harvesters that have free will? Fthat!"

What was wrong with the plot in ME2? I get that there was a lot of just recruiting, but all the missions were good, especially ones that drove the plot forward, like the derelict Collector Ship or finding the Reaper IFF.

• 01.08.2013 12:04 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Posted by: ajw34307

I couldn't have put it better myself

Though Kai Leng's case isn't so much plot armor as much as everyone in the room having a brain tumor and going full retard whenever he shows up

• 01.08.2013 12:06 PM PDT

signatures are for fa- wait

Fix'd

"Dark energy and Reapers are Synthetic-Organic harvesters that have free will? Fthat!"

What was wrong with the plot in ME2? I get that there was a lot of just recruiting, but all the missions were good, especially ones that drove the plot forward, like the derelict Collector Ship or finding the Reaper IFF.

The only problem with ME2's campaign was they weren't trying to find ways to fight off the Reapers as ME1-2 were kinda screaming "We gotta do this conventionally" but excluding that it was a pretty good story

I liked them all. None of them were bad.

The second Mass Effect was my least favorite.

Mass Effect 1 simply because combat was atrocious. The rest got the right combination.

• 01.08.2013 12:08 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Fix'd

The plot of ME2 is basically just filler. It doesn't move the main plot of the series forward. It has very little to do with stopping the Reapers. It was just wasted potential.

The Arrival DLC did more for the main plot of the series than Mass Effect 2 ever did.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 12:15 PM PST]

• 01.08.2013 12:14 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: AK 47625714

Fix'd

The plot of ME2 is basically just filler. It doesn't move the main plot of the series forward. It has very little to do with stopping the Reapers. It was just wasted potential.

The Arrival DLC did more for the main plot of the series than Mass Effect 2 ever did.

I heard that in the original dark energy endings the Human Reaper was revealed to be significant

But when that was removed our lord and savior Mac Walters forgot all about Mass Effect 2's plot

• 01.08.2013 12:24 PM PDT

Posted by:ScubaToaster
Posted by: HipiO7
This man, this man right here put it so eloquently that I actually cancelled my own 2000+ word long post.
/slow clap for respect

:)
The person who said participating is important, not winning, obviously never won anything.

I love all of them but if I had to choose it would be Mass Effect 2.

ME1 is just godly and ME3 had a better campaign than M2, IMO.

• 01.08.2013 12:48 PM PDT

Proud member of the Herd

I can't pick a least favorite.

They were all so good

• 01.08.2013 12:49 PM PDT

*reminisces when the Bungie/Halo community wasn't made up of CoD kids*
*sighs*
*activates time-machine and sets the clock back to Nov. 9, 2004*
glory days here I come..
*vanishes*

Mass Effect 1 felt like a chore to get through. It was very repetitive and glitchy.

Mass Effect 2 was my favorite.

Mass Effect 3 had the best gameplay but an inferior story. And that ending was so terrible.

• 01.08.2013 12:51 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

I do not want to stop asking. I do not ask to stop wanting.

Mass Effect 1 was brilliant, unique sci fi that gave as much attention to its plot as it did to its characters.

Mass Effect 2 had a terrible, short, filler plot that was fortunately covered up by a vast universe and a really memorable cast of characters (if many of them are still flawed). Oh, and Mordin. ME2 Mordin was the best character.

Mass Effect 3 had barely any plot advancement aside from the incredibly flawed introduction and the last ten minutes, where it just descends even deeper into the hell that it's already in. Trying to enjoy the game is like trying to write a comprehensive essay on quantum entanglement theory with a 42 inch HDTV while poisoned by liquid mercury and being -blam!-ed in the a$$ by a snapping turtle outside in the middle of winter.

• 01.08.2013 1:01 PM PDT

A cornered fox is more dangerous than a jackal.

And from FOX, two phantoms were born.

ME1: Best plot, worst gameplay
ME2: Good plot, good gameplay

• 01.08.2013 1:03 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

'Side missions'. Except they're not side missions, they're fetch quests which have you drive around the galaxy map to collect space bibles for people so they can fight the Reapers. That's it. I just summed up 85% of the game for you. Not only that but it's just weird now that Shepard eavesdrops on these conversations, then travels across the galaxy to find something that might not even exist, and gives it away all like it's nothing. There's none of the sophistication that ME1 had where side quests would actually interlink and could later reveal critical plot elements to you if you took the time to do them - the Consort/Xeltan quests interlinking and resulting in the Prothean Sphere being able to be opened later in the game to reveal the Prothean involvement with Cro-Magnon humans.

The entire game's plot is a jumble of side missions. It's basically you tying up loose ends of arcs from side missions in ME2.

• 01.08.2013 1:04 PM PDT

Mass Effect 2 almost turned me off from the series, so I guess that one.

• 01.08.2013 1:07 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

- Overall plot is horribly weak and inconsistent - Kai Leng plot armour, Cerberus somehow becoming Stormtroopers and so on.

A) As I've asked before, what plot? It's just the endings to arcs of side stories in the ME universe. No lore advancement, nothing.

B) lol@KaiLeng- By far the most random character I've ever seen introduced into a video game. Where the -blam!- did the whole space samurai idea even come from?

C)

ME1- Cerberus is a rogue Alliance group that broke away and started performing experiments.

ME2- Two years later, Cerberus is a massive political power and possesses a huge faculty.

ME2- Less than a year later, Cerberus is a massive galactic force with a military force capable of putting off even the most powerful of enemies.

Brilliant.

[Edited on 01.08.2013 1:21 PM PST]

• 01.08.2013 1:20 PM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 2