Bungie Banhammer Information
In most cases, Custom Games will still be available. In extreme cases, they will not.
Types of violation include, but are not limited to, the following example actions:
- Manipulating network conditions to give yourself an advantage, or to the detriment of the experience for other players.
- Modifying your Xbox 360 hardware or Bungie software and services in any way.
- Skill, EXP, or Credit Boosting, deleveling, idling through games, cheating, habitual quitting or any other type of unsociable and unsportsmanlike behavior.
- Impersonating a Bungie employee on Xbox LIVE with intent to defraud or cause harm to other players.
The following things will not result in a visit from the Banhammer:
- Lag (poor or intermittent network performance).
- Occasional disconnects due to inconsistent network conditions.
- Playing with the same group of friends over and over using the party system as long as this is not for the purpose of boosting.
- Losing games over and over again as long as this is not for the purpose of boosting.
- Winning games over and over again as long as this is not for the purpose of boosting.
- Being polite, courteous and refraining from hate-speech and racial slurs.
The above violations cover a wide gamut of deliberate and obnoxious behaviors. The bans, when implemented are done so with rigorous checking to ensure that the innocent are not netted alongside the guilty.
Please note that while this process is automated, it is accurate. Bans are almost certainly legitimate, and will stay in force for their stated duration. To keep your matchmaking privileges in good standing, immediately cease any unsociable behavior and wait out the ban. Either way, there will be no response communication from this process.
IMPORTANT: You are ultimately responsible for the use of your Xbox Live account and Xbox 360 hardware. If a friend or relative’s actions have put you in this position, please take it up with them, not us.