Halo 3 Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Can Blood & Gore be turned off?
  • Subject: Can Blood & Gore be turned off?
  • Pages:
  • of 4
Subject: Can Blood & Gore be turned off?
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:
  • last post: 01.01.0001 12:00 AM PDT

The flood count as gore.
and no, you can't change these types of options.

• 09.07.2007 7:24 PM PDT

If it works, do it.

Unless the part where the Brute rips off the marine's arms is really graphic, the blood isnt knoticeable enough to mount a "blood on/off" feature...although I can understand the need for it for those 16 year olds who really want to play a game but who's moms are so protective of their sons that the kid can only play Katamari Damaci...then maybe a feature would be needed, but it just dosnt seem like theres a need for a feature that would apply to such a small portion of gamers.

• 09.07.2007 7:29 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

No you cant. That would destroy halo all together. if anything, halo needs MORE blood and MORE gore.

• 09.07.2007 7:32 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Hey man, I can see how ya feel (I'm lds too) but I highly doubt you can. Besides the flood, the only other blood you really see is blue splats of covenant. But oh well, it's not that big of a deal

[Edited on 09.07.2007 7:35 PM PDT]

• 09.07.2007 7:33 PM PDT

The Chief is never beaten.

Posted by: Roen
"Will you still be able to play with the gore on or does it conflict with rules in your religion?"
____
There is no rule in my religion about that. I'm free to watch, play, or do whatever I want. I choose to live my religion because I believe in Christ.

I've played Halo 1 & 2 and loved them. But if I do have choice, I would turn off gore. I will play the game anyways if I can't turn it off.

Well, actually, no. If you do whatever you want, Christ'll still pwn your ass because you don't follow his creed.

• 09.07.2007 7:35 PM PDT

"Will you still be able to play with the gore on or does it conflict with rules in your religion?"
____
There is no rule in my religion about that. I'm free to watch, play, or do whatever I want. I choose to live my religion because I believe in Christ.

I've played Halo 1 & 2 and loved them. But if I do have choice, I would turn off gore. I will play the game anyways if I can't turn it off.
Okay, just checking if it was mandatory or a preference thing. Good to hear you will still be able to play--this is a great series.

I personally go to a Church of Christ, much different than mormonism.

• 09.07.2007 7:36 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

There is no rule in my religion about that. I'm free to watch, play, or do whatever I want. I choose to live my religion because I believe in Christ. .

• 09.07.2007 7:37 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

There is gore because the body parts fall off the flood.

• 09.07.2007 7:37 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

In GoW I got tired of watchin the gore in multiplayer, so I turned content off, I seriously was hilarious watchin the players flip when a grenade exploded in their faces. I the content option also eliminates language in campaign mode i belive, I don't think it takes away the blood though, the blood is still there.

Maybe there will be a content option for halo 3, possibly for turning off language or blood, not gore.

• 09.07.2007 7:39 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

It's an M rated game sure, but the most amazing ever conceived, and if you aren't mature enough to get past some gore and enjoy the story and gameplay, then go play wii.

• 09.07.2007 7:39 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: AuroraAlphaHL2
____

Okay, just checking if it was mandatory or a preference thing. Good to hear you will still be able to play--this is a great series.

I personally go to a Church of Christ, much different than mormonism.
really, im a christian dont like that other stuff,but then again the religen u choose is diffirent and seems to be the right 1 in that persons eyes.

• 09.07.2007 7:42 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

why would you want that?? Theres pretty much none in the first place if it's gonna be like the last two games.

• 09.07.2007 7:43 PM PDT
  • gamertag: Jiskk
  • user homepage:

Halo Wars RTS. We get the newest information on HW and we discuss it.

TS Virus. The Only Timesplitters fan club on Bungie.net.

KOTOR Kotor, the best star wars forum on Bungie.net.

What I want to know is if you can turn of Language??? like when the brutes say the F word?!?!

• 09.07.2007 7:52 PM PDT

Gears of Halo.

No.

• 09.07.2007 7:53 PM PDT

Gamertag = ROG BELIAL

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

No, seriously it's just a red stain.

• 09.07.2007 7:58 PM PDT

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
Teach a man religion, and he will starve to death praying for a fish.

Halo 1 and 2 didn't look to bad. At ESRB it says Halo 3 is rated M for Blood, Gore, & language.
Gore is the blood that is on the walls or floor etc. When you shoot something, blood comes out. When the blood is visible after you finished shooting (i.ei. on the floor around what you just shot), it is referred to as gore.

• 09.07.2007 8:13 PM PDT

The Chief is never beaten.

Posted by: Sir Kittens
It's an M rated game sure, but the most amazing ever conceived, and if you aren't mature enough to get past some gore and enjoy the story and gameplay, then go play wii.

Thank you miss logical person.

• 09.07.2007 8:16 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

halo - blood/gore = weak sauce

• 09.07.2007 8:18 PM PDT

Spartan 9x13 = Spartan 117

In the future, you will be able to enter the Louvre online or play Mortal Combat with a friend in Vietnam!

Posted by: Placebo Fan90
Posted by: SuperAce101
why on GODS green earth would you want to turn off blood and Gore

....he must be morman (sp)

RUN!!!!

• 09.07.2007 8:18 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: killtrocity20
N O
It must suck balls not being able to play GOW or Halo just because some one losses an arm. And yes in halo 3 there is dismemberment. In one of the vidocs you can clearly see a brute rip the arms off a marine. And an Elite cutting the legs off a brute.

• 09.07.2007 8:31 PM PDT

Whether there's blood or not, it's still violence. And honestly, wanting an option to turn off the blood effects sounds like nothing more than an attempt to feel better about the fact that you're playing a violent game. Violence produces blood. There should not be an option to turn it off, especially in Halo, where blood is very limited.

[Edited on 09.07.2007 8:35 PM PDT]

• 09.07.2007 8:35 PM PDT

I stopped caring about ESRB ratings when they gave Marathon: Durandal an M. And there's so little blood that it would be pointless to turn it off. And just because we're talking about it, I am the founder, leader, and only member of the Church of Butters, abreviated the COB.

[Edited on 09.07.2007 8:38 PM PDT]

• 09.07.2007 8:35 PM PDT
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

There isn't any gore really, the blood isn't that bad. I don't think you can turn it off, but then again halo 3 has a lot more options.

• 09.07.2007 8:38 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Noble Heroic Member
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

I am the faceless man! I am the strange guy in the night! I am the drunken devil who will try to make out with you!

Posted by: Hybird038
Dedone, filled with wisdom.
Shown by his headgear, a condom.
Hopping around the streets, having an orgasm.
Sled hides herself, because of dedone's desperation.

Posted by: xXSXcaliburXx
Ok,sparks will fly out instead,anyone know where that came from.

Go go power rangers! Hahah.
But ya, if the guy(or girl) wants to play with out blood, thats his choice. Don't think it is just because he is a "whimp". Sheesh. People and their non-open-minded-ness.

• 09.07.2007 8:39 PM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 4