Halo 3 Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: The Battle Rifle Sucks. (First Post Edited)
  • Subject: The Battle Rifle Sucks. (First Post Edited)
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:
  • last post: 01.01.0001 12:00 AM PST

Posted by: XxJohnnyXxX
First of all your the one who needs to Grow Up dumbass, it's a video game

What the hell are you saying? I bet i can use a Battle rifle or an Assault rifle better than you

There's no skill involved with any weapon? Aiming is skill, if 2 people aimed the same in close quarters with the Br then both will die, you understand my point? That never happens

Your stupid, Stick it down you pipe and smoke it

That's a pretty terrible argument. I'm not even going to bother.

• 05.24.2008 2:02 PM PST
Subject: The Battle Rifle Sucks.
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

and is not just skill, it's also what you decide to do with a weapon ,halo 3 also requires though, your not going to fire at someone across sandtrap with a Br, you are going to search for a wepon that fits current situation

• 05.24.2008 2:03 PM PST
Subject: The Battle Rifle Sucks. (First Post Edited)

Posted by: JustxHavexFun
Aiming is skill
Moving an analog stick around requires skill?

Moving an analog stick in such a way that you aim at their head and keep it there while they are strafing requires skill.

• 05.24.2008 2:03 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Aiming is skill
Moving an analog stick around requires skill?

Yes it does, amazing right? What other stick you want to move?

• 05.24.2008 2:04 PM PST

Do or die

I use smgs all the time the are awesome!

Posted by: Condemned Necov2
Posted by: GreenDevilJF
If the cursor sizes are about the same, why can't some people use the BR effectively?

Because bungie made the AR so weak that it is mainly used as a club, and melee lunge can be used by anyone, even if they aren't used to FPS and can't aim.

You didn't answer my question. Why can't some people use the BR effectively?

And by that you mean what?, if they mainly use melee chances are they aren't spending alot of time aiming so any gun would be difficult, or maybe they have never done anything with first person shooters before.

Be specific, the worst players I have ever seen can use the BR so who are you playing?

Posted by: Recon Number 54
Real heroes don't whine.

Posted by: Mob Chief
I love how no one uses smg in H3, it is way better then AR.

AMEN Brother, that says it all. Also, the AR is a way better starting weapon then the BR

Posted by: TheRoboticCobra
Posted by: iM SkyL1N3 eH
Posted by: freddyydderf
Halo is a game not a sport. Games are FUN! When a game becomes a SPORT it is not fun, because it is competitive. Stop arguing about it.

I beg to differ. I've highlighted the little bits of importance.

Quotes From Merriam-Webster Online dictionary: Sport: 1 a: a source of diversion : recreation b: -blam!- play c (1): physical activity engaged in for pleasure (2): a particular activity (as an athletic game) so engaged in.

Quoted from Google Define:Sport
-an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
-the occupation of athletes who compete for pay

Quoted from Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:Game(s): 1 a (1): activity engaged in for diversion or amusement : play (2): the equipment for a game b: often derisive or mocking jesting : fun, sport <make game of a nervous player>

[quote]Quoted from Google Define:Game(s):
- a single play of a sport or other contest; "the game lasted two hours"
- a contest with rules to determine a winner; "you need four people to play this game"

Basically, as I clearly outlined in the above quotes, Games and Sports are essential the exact same thing, and by the same definition, so is Halo. Having both elements of a sport, and of a game it is useless to argue that it is a "game" and shouldn't be played competitively because it "isn't a sport" (and vice versa)

Like any sport/game Halo requires a myriad of various skill sets in order to be "good" and succeed often at said game. The BR requires knowledge and experience in many different tactics in order to use it EFFECTIVELY. Being accurate (being able to four shot consistently), Having a solid strafe, and your timing are just a few examples of this. Conversely the AR is the same. To use the AR well you have to have a sense of player location, so you aren't out of range when you attack, be able to judge how much damage is inflicted in a given time set so you don't melee too early (and not get the kill) or too late (and be killed first). The list goes on for EACH AND EVERY WEAPON in ANY GAME/SPORT. The only thing that varies is the skillset(s) used therein.

To say that the BR (or any weapon for that matter) is as simple as point and shoot is an argument of semantics, and thus ignorant and naive.

Halo at its highest levels, is a complex and multi-layered mind-game involving a combination of intelligence, technical (player) skill, teamwork, and experience. At its lowest levels it is simply a device used for personal enjoyment and fun. People can play Halo at either level, or anything in between and thats perfectly okay. However the fact is that fundamentally the game remains unchanged, and everything that makes it a game, is still there. Its whether or not the player decides to delve into the intricacies of the game that determines their skill and thus the "usefulness" of the weapon.

In the end it doesn't matter, because a weapon is only as "good" as the player using it.

Wake up, stop being stupid and use your heads guys. Threads like these are not needed in the least.

Thanks for at least posting it with some kind of intelligence though Mr. Robotic Cobra.

-_-;

I just got served.

But I keep my claim. There is no skill involved with the battle rifle, however, there is skill involved with tactics. And, tactics can be used with or without the BR.

But, since your all stubborn, I'm through. Rot in a ditch, please. All of you.

Finally he's gone

• 05.24.2008 2:05 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: outerpol
Finally he's gone

Yes, now you can all fondle your BRs in peace.

• 05.24.2008 2:07 PM PST

If the cursor sizes are about the same, why can't some people use the BR effectively?

Because bungie made the AR so weak that it is mainly used as a club, and melee lunge can be used by anyone, even if they aren't used to FPS and can't aim.

You didn't answer my question. Why can't some people use the BR effectively?

And by that you mean what?, if they mainly use melee chances are they aren't spending alot of time aiming so any gun would be difficult, or maybe they have never done anything with first person shooters before.

Be specific, the worst players I have ever seen can use the BR so who are you playing?

Yea anyone can use the BR, but not everyone can use it to it's full potential. There's a reason why most higher ranks can out BR lower ones.

• 05.24.2008 2:07 PM PST

Also, weapons have tactics that go with them, like 4-shotting with BR.

That's not really a tactic, it's just a reward that comes with using the BR well.

[Edited on 05.24.2008 2:10 PM PDT]

• 05.24.2008 2:10 PM PST
Subject: The Battle Rifle Sucks. (First Post Edited AGAIN.)

++++My Blood Is Kelly Green++++
+++++++++ Get+Lifted+++++++++
++++Made With 147% Love.++++
+++++++Respect That+++++++++

Posted by: iM SkyL1N3 eH
Posted by: freddyydderf
Halo is a game not a sport. Games are FUN! When a game becomes a SPORT it is not fun, because it is competitive. Stop arguing about it.

I beg to differ. I've highlighted the little bits of importance.

Quotes From Merriam-Webster Online dictionary: Sport: 1 a: a source of diversion : recreation b: -blam!- play c (1): physical activity engaged in for pleasure (2): a particular activity (as an athletic game) so engaged in.

Quoted from Google Define:Sport
-an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
-the occupation of athletes who compete for pay

Quoted from Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary:Game(s): 1 a (1): activity engaged in for diversion or amusement : play (2): the equipment for a game b: often derisive or mocking jesting : fun, sport <make game of a nervous player>

[quote]Quoted from Google Define:Game(s):
- a single play of a sport or other contest; "the game lasted two hours"
- a contest with rules to determine a winner; "you need four people to play this game"

Basically, as I clearly outlined in the above quotes, Games and Sports are essential the exact same thing, and by the same definition, so is Halo. Having both elements of a sport, and of a game it is useless to argue that it is a "game" and shouldn't be played competitively because it "isn't a sport" (and vice versa)

Like any sport/game Halo requires a myriad of various skill sets in order to be "good" and succeed often at said game. The BR requires knowledge and experience in many different tactics in order to use it EFFECTIVELY. Being accurate (being able to four shot consistently), Having a solid strafe, and your timing are just a few examples of this. Conversely the AR is the same. To use the AR well you have to have a sense of player location, so you aren't out of range when you attack, be able to judge how much damage is inflicted in a given time set so you don't melee too early (and not get the kill) or too late (and be killed first). The list goes on for EACH AND EVERY WEAPON in ANY GAME/SPORT. The only thing that varies is the skillset(s) used therein.

To say that the BR (or any weapon for that matter) is as simple as point and shoot is an argument of semantics, and thus ignorant and naive.

Halo at its highest levels, is a complex and multi-layered mind-game involving a combination of intelligence, technical (player) skill, teamwork, and experience. At its lowest levels it is simply a device used for personal enjoyment and fun. People can play Halo at either level, or anything in between and thats perfectly okay. However the fact is that fundamentally the game remains unchanged, and everything that makes it a game, is still there. Its whether or not the player decides to delve into the intricacies of the game that determines their skill and thus the "usefulness" of the weapon.

In the end it doesn't matter, because a weapon is only as "good" as the player using it.

Wake up, stop being stupid and use your heads guys. Threads like these are not needed in the least.

Thanks for at least posting it with some kind of intelligence though Mr. Robotic Cobra.

-_-;

I just got served.

But I keep my claim. There is no skill involved with the battle rifle, however, there is skill involved with tactics. And, tactics can be used with or without the BR.

But, since your all stubborn, I'm through. Rot in a ditch, please. All of you.

I hope you didn't misinterperate what I meant by my post. I wasnt nullifying what you were saying, I was just building on your idea of how the BR ITSELF doesn't require skill. I was just saying, Playing Halo well, DOES require skill, and indirectly, those skills apply to the various weapons (like the AR, BR, whatever.)

• 05.24.2008 2:11 PM PST

[/quote]

Yea anyone can use the BR, but not everyone can use it to it's full potential. There's a reason why most higher ranks can out BR lower ones.

Higher ranks should be able to outdo lower ranks anyway, there is no full potential and because a player that is more experienced with the game beating someone who isn't is not some big surprise.

That argument can be used for any weapon, it doesn't specifically say anything about the BR.

• 05.24.2008 2:13 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

To skyline.

I didn't, but you expressed it in a clearly superior way. I'm terrible with words.

And honestly, what was I thinking?

None of the idiots here have a brain in their skull, so, this thread is ultimately pointless.

[Edited on 05.24.2008 2:20 PM PDT]

• 05.24.2008 2:19 PM PST

[/quote]

Higher ranks should be able to outdo lower ranks anyway, there is no full potential and because a player that is more experienced with the game beating someone who isn't is not some big surprise.

That argument can be used for any weapon, it doesn't specifically say anything about the BR.

It can't really be used for all weapons. For example, a lower rank could:
-out-sword someone
-out-shotgun someone
-out-rocket someone
-out-ar someone
Those are some weapons that are so easy to use, that their potential can't really be used effectively based on level. The shotgun for example, is based a lot on luck when going head to head with another shotgun holder. A BR fight relies on who is able to use it effectively by aiming well and strafing.

• 05.24.2008 2:23 PM PST

++++My Blood Is Kelly Green++++
+++++++++ Get+Lifted+++++++++
++++Made With 147% Love.++++
+++++++Respect That+++++++++

To skyline.

I didn't, but you expressed it in a clearly superior way. I'm terrible with words.

And honestly, what was I thinking?

None of the idiots here have a brain in their skull, so, this thread is ultimately pointless.

Okay cool haha.

And with that second bit, I 100% agree. Forums, especially those inhabited by people who play a massively popular ONLINE game are not a good place to debate with fact and reason, instead of bias and personal opinion :P

• 05.24.2008 2:28 PM PST

Haha, this is the most retarded topic ever.

• 05.24.2008 2:31 PM PST
Subject: The Battle Rifle Sucks. (First Post Edited)

we just wanna kick ass and leave a footprint

Posted by: XxDeathHeroxX
Posted by: fishy go moo
carbine is better than the br anyways

Get 2 people to stand still at shoot at each others heads at the same time

BR Wins...

carbine is easier to use and the carbine was better in the beta its whiner losers like you who had to get it nerfed QQ moar pl0x

• 05.24.2008 2:31 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

ar sucks

• 05.24.2008 2:33 PM PST

TheRoboticCobra - I salute you. Your arguments are actually good from what i've been reading.

One guy complaning about using a noob combo - who cares? If you're playing TS and it's the winning kill, you're not gonna cry about it are you?

So many BR statements saying it's the best weapon but it seems funny. It Doesn't take skill. You only aim and shoot. Same with all the other weapons. Aim and shoot etc.

• 05.24.2008 2:36 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Mob Chief
I love how no one uses smg in H3, it is way better then AR.

I believe this is 100% true, I love the SMG in Duals. Except it's not in all of the maps.

• 05.24.2008 2:42 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

I never played beta.... Didn't know anything about how good CR was in the Beta...........
I never said CR was bad either, I just said BR kills faster then it. I would us BR over anything, and if that isn't there I would a CR over anything..

[Edited on 05.24.2008 2:50 PM PDT]

• 05.24.2008 2:45 PM PST