Halo 3 Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Does MLG Skill = Halo Skill?
  • Subject: Does MLG Skill = Halo Skill?
Subject: Does MLG Skill = Halo Skill?

Do you think that someone who is good at MLG is good at Halo?

It seems like players who are better at MLG are usually better at other playlists aswell.

• 10.08.2009 12:38 PM PST

He who cannot command himself should obey. And many can command themselves, but much is still lacking before they can obey themselves.
--Thus Spoke Zarathustra

MLG players are diverse. Some are good at "regular" Halo, some are not. The same can be said with "regular" Halo players: some are good at both, some are not.

• 10.08.2009 12:39 PM PST

youtube

disregard video games

inb4variety

Posted by: ICEMAN ASSASS1N
Oh, and Boost Deuce is > ALL

STOP SENDING ME GROUP INVITES

yes but it doesn't go both ways.

Most people who are good at MLG are good at any other 4v4 Gametype.

But most people who are good at a lot of 4v4 gametypes, are not good at MLG. I am in that boat.

• gamertag:
  • user homepage:
  • last post: 01.01.0001 12:00 AM PST

Yes, people who are good at MLG are better than other people who don't play it.

Posted by: GodHostsNubs
Bungie should implement the "Team Spelling" and "Team Grammar" hoppers immediately. You'd never make it above a 20 unless you got carried.

Usually.

MLG focuses on teamwork and communication, and if you can excel in MLG, you'll probably do good in other playlists.

• 10.08.2009 12:40 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Yes I mean MLG really is not that different.
When I play a normal game I still use BR and Sniper because they are superior to most other weapons.
MLG is balanced gameplay some don't enjoy that some do I like it though.

• 10.08.2009 12:40 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

The best Halo players play MLG. If you're a beast at this game, odds are you're playing against the best in MLG. I've played with/against Pros, and they take dumps on everyone regardless of settings.

[Edited on 10.08.2009 12:44 PM PDT]

• 10.08.2009 12:43 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Senior Legendary Member

heg heg herg herg.

Yes, MLG is balanced. If your good at the two weapons that use the most skill then your going to be good with the rest.

Posted by: i r a 50 baby
Yes, people who are good at MLG are better than other people who don't play it.

that can be true but there is always exceptions to every rule.

If your good at mlg that's great but hears the real test if you good fiesta since you get a feel for all weapons at spawn. It take true skill to stay with what you get dealt and get kill even it it something you suck at or hate. Mlg helps in some aspects but not all.

Why not stop by my File Share while you're here?

~Long Live Halo 2
Only regret is I didn't play more of it.

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm sort of a jerk.

Posted by: Cowleyad
MLG players are diverse. Some are good at "regular" Halo, some are not. The same can be said with "regular" Halo players: some are good at both, some are not.

• 10.08.2009 12:44 PM PST

Breaking barriers.

they are good to a degree, but will not win as many 50 high ts games as mlg

• 10.08.2009 12:44 PM PST

Posted by: GodHostsNubs
Bungie should implement the "Team Spelling" and "Team Grammar" hoppers immediately. You'd never make it above a 20 unless you got carried.

Posted by: Kudo Shinichi 1
...Mlg helps in some aspects but not all.

Exactly. You're not going to become an excellent driver if you play MLG all day.

• 10.08.2009 12:45 PM PST
  • gamertag:
  • user homepage:

Posted by: st3althsniper22
Posted by: Cowleyad
If MLG ran normal Slayer at their competitions I guarantee you the same people would still be at the top.

• 10.08.2009 12:46 PM PST

Posted by: anahum
they are good to a degree, but will not win as many 50 high ts games as mlg

Level 50 MLG is a lot harder than level 50 TS. I win 99% of the games I play of TS as a 3 with my friends. But, we'd probabally win like 50% or less of MLG :P

• 10.08.2009 12:47 PM PST

Posted by: mr mestofelees
Do you think that someone who is good at MLG is good at Halo?

Yes.

It seems like players who are better at MLG are usually better at other playlists aswell.

Yes. The skill-set required for the MLG playlist is pretty universally applicable, personal issues with the variety, settings, and community nonwithstanding. If someone is able to succeed at high levels of the MLG playlist, they have a skill-set that enables them success in virtually any other playlist. There is also a larger skill discrepancy between players in this playlist compared to others.

• 10.08.2009 12:47 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Fabled Legendary Member

MLG emphasizes skillfull elements like aiming, communication, teamwork, and awareness more than any other playlist. It is the most skillful playlist so the skills required to succeed in it translate to any other playlist.

• 10.08.2009 12:56 PM PST

No. MLG Skill=MLG Skill.

• 10.08.2009 12:57 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Exalted Legendary Member

♫ & ☮
平和と愛

Probably not - it depends if they only play MLG. MLG settings, and default Halo 3 settings are pretty different if you ask me, so I think some of them are probably nothing without their MLG weapons...

• 10.08.2009 1:01 PM PST

Proud member of Shadow Surge Clan/Group
If your interested in VS. the Clan than message me and
i'll reply ASAP

MLG people i meet are dicks

• 10.08.2009 1:02 PM PST

ooga booga boooh

I find the the skills used to be successful in MLG generally lead to overall skill. Map set up, a strong team BR...these are all things needed in any team playlist. Look at Squad, or objective. These playlists can be horrible with lack of team work. So I guess MLG can have a correlation of skill at times, yeah. All depends though.

• 10.08.2009 1:03 PM PST