Halo: Reach Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Switching to an Elite in Halo: Reach.
  • Subject: Switching to an Elite in Halo: Reach.
Subject: Switching to an Elite in Halo: Reach.
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Sorry if something like this has been posted before (and it probably has), but is anyone else switching from Spartan to Elite when Halo: Reach comes around?

I know i am, i play as a Spartan in H3 because the Elites in H3...well, "fat dino" is all i can say....but the Elites in Reach look wicked, like a mix of the ones from Halo Wars and Halo: CE, so i'm definatly playing as one in Reach, anyone else?

• 04.29.2010 6:52 AM PST

You cannot be brave if you do not fear.

You can't choose.

• 04.29.2010 6:53 AM PST
  • user homepage:

NO GROUP INVITES!!!

You cannot choose to play an Elite in Reach. You're forced to be one if you play Invasion or Invasion slayer and are assinged to the Elite team.
Or if you happen to play Covie Slayer which is EvsE gamemode.

You don't choose between the two. Elites are gametype specific. It wouldn't make sense if you had a choice.

You can only play as them in some gametypes. In all other gametypes you play as Spartans.

The gametypes you can play as Elites so far are:
Invasion (Spartans vs. Elites)
Generator Defense (Spartans vs. Elites)
Covie Slayer (Elites vs. Elites)

lol. you can probably only choose in custom games later on but even then you might not be able to.

• 04.29.2010 6:54 AM PST
  • user homepage:

I think you can only play as an Elite in the gametypes that support it. You cannot choose to be an Elite.

•  | 
  • Exalted Heroic Member

Win or Lose, dont quit!
No, I dont want to join in your group.

I'll mostly play as spartan. Never have had anything against elites, just like spartans more.

[Edited on 04.29.2010 6:57 AM PDT]

• user homepage:

Dang, looks like i haven't been paying attention to the podcasts, oh well, i'm still looking forward to playing as an elite, when i get the chance.

• 04.29.2010 6:55 AM PST

My troll sense is tingling.

In the newest vidoc you can see a Spartan with an Elite teammate. This pretty much confirms you can pick in certain gametypes.

• 04.29.2010 6:55 AM PST
  • user homepage:

So wait ... we cannot change from Spartan to elite ... vise versa. That is good news. We can now fainnly do Team Swat (if it comes back) with just spartans ...

• 04.29.2010 6:56 AM PST

for every green jelly bean i find.... i shall kill you...

When? I didn't see jack
Posted by: darthnazgul
In the newest vidoc you can see a Spartan with an Elite teammate. This pretty much confirms you can pick in certain gametypes.

• 04.29.2010 6:57 AM PST

Posted by: UNSC Marlne
So wait ... we cannot change from Spartan to elite ... vise versa. That is good news. We can now fainnly do Team Swat (if it comes back) with just spartans ...

You do realise how much bigger elites are now right?

• 04.29.2010 7:01 AM PST

My troll sense is tingling.

Posted by: Darkm2021
When? I didn't see jack

At about...0:59 The player is a Spartan, and he's kill stealing from an Elite teammate, indicated by the service tag.

• 04.29.2010 7:04 AM PST

whats up

To me it doesnt make sense for you not to I mean why go through the trouble of make the elites the way they are just to be a gametype option and bungies has stated their customiseable well you cant customise a gametype option so the elite armor for the special editions would be pointless and if they can make you become a elite in invasion or generator defence even if your a spartan, and if you play elite vs elite in mm then how do you gain experiance or credits if you are playing as a non existing player modle this is merly a option. To get to the point they could be a character modle and you be forced to play as your spartan in certain playlist and in custom its what ever you set it as.

• 04.29.2010 8:18 AM PST

Elite are stronger and faster then Spartans.

BUT!!!!!!

Any Spartan vs Elite gametype you take turns on playing both sides.

• 04.29.2010 8:23 AM PST

I really dont kno

what game do i pick to play as elite slayer arena or that game bag one?

• 05.05.2010 3:53 PM PST

Yeah, I am Big Fan about Elites, Spartan is cool yes, but I rather Elite, so I hopefully they may have Elite for Online, if that so awesome! But Bungie better make fair to elite cause in Halo 3 Elite have few set and Spartan has alot, so Bungie better be put elite in there and hope they add alot awesome custom.Bungie doing well making Reach but if they remove personal for Elite I may be very Upsent. lol Elite Rule!

• 05.05.2010 4:05 PM PST

Duracell.
I don't keep going and going and going and...
but i Start, and just don't Stop.

So what if the saxophone is black?
it has better tone the the gold one.
damn straight i play Jazz.

Posted by: Darkm2021
When? I didn't see jack

At about...0:59 The player is a Spartan, and he's kill stealing from an Elite teammate, indicated by the service tag.
Look at the hand again. That is an elite kill stealing from an elite. Also look at the gametype. It's Covy slayer.

• 05.05.2010 4:11 PM PST