Halo: Reach Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: Halo Reach Legendary Edition
  • Subject: Halo Reach Legendary Edition
  • Pages:
  • of 2
Subject: Halo Reach Legendary Edition

Do you think Halo Reach Legendary Edition will be worth the price? 150 bucks US. I am a Halo fan BUT NOT THAT big into it. I really want to get the flaming helmet effect but to do that I have to buy the whole bungle for extra 90. What do you think? Worth it? Not worth it? What are gonna get? Thanks!

[Edited on 06.08.2010 8:24 PM PDT]

• 06.08.2010 8:24 PM PDT

Posted by: WarWorm
Do you think Halo Reach Legendary Edition will be worth the price? 150 bucks US. I am a Halo fan BUT NOT THAT big into it. I really want to get the flaming helmet effect but to do that I have to buy the whole bungle for extra 90. What do you think? Worth it? Not worth it? What are gonna get? Thanks!

Are you really just gonna buy it for the flaming helmet effect?

• 06.08.2010 8:26 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Some can never be truly satisfied with any amount of material items.

If you know how to save money, it's really not as expensive as it looks.

For example, can you save a dollar a day? If you begin saving starting today, you'll have $98 by the time Reach comes out, more than enough to buy the Legendary Edition on top of the money you would have used to get the standard edition.

[Edited on 06.08.2010 8:29 PM PDT]

i dont want to.... but i REALLY want that effect lol

[Edited on 06.08.2010 8:28 PM PDT]

• 06.08.2010 8:27 PM PDT

-Sic transit gloria mundi

$150 isn't a signifigant purchase anymore (but still a lot.)

I'm buying it because I like to think of myself as a Halo Collector.

• 06.08.2010 8:28 PM PDT

@Hylebos GOOD IDEA MAN

• 06.08.2010 8:28 PM PDT

"Anything is only worth what you're willing to pay for it." -My Dad
It's actually pretty true. One person will look at it and see it as a bargain, while you perhaps will see it as a bit of a rip-off. If you have no interest in the Noble Statue than it's not going to seem worth the price. To me, it is more than worth it given what statues of similar size usually go for. On average, "10 statues can cost around $80-. Some have a price tag of $135-, almost as much as the entire contents of the Legendary edition. Limited, numbered, and hand painted statues are pure collectibles, and they can get pricey. So if the Nobel statue would fetch an average of $80-, that means the rest of the Legendary edition would cost you the asking price for the Limited edition. So in that respect, you're getting the flame armor for free. Not too bad of a deal really.

Posted by: Hylebos

For example, can you save a dollar a day? If you begin saving starting today, you'll have $98 by the time Reach comes out, more than enough to buy the Legendary Edition on top of the money you would have used to get the standard edition.

The question is, will they stop taking preorders before then? Limited and Legendary supposedly have a set production number. So by that time you wouldn't be able to order one.

[Edited on 06.08.2010 8:37 PM PDT]

• 06.08.2010 8:33 PM PDT

Winner of the 2012 Lurker of the Year award.

I'm watching you.

True, but the legendary edition would probably have been sold out by then.
:P

• 06.08.2010 8:34 PM PDT

Posted by: Phoenix1710

You usually don't need to pay for the game in full when you preorder, just $25 or something.

The idea is that you preorder now and then earn enough to purchase it over the summer.

[Edited on 06.08.2010 8:36 PM PDT]

• 06.08.2010 8:35 PM PDT

Winner of the 2012 Lurker of the Year award.

I'm watching you.

Posted by: Phoenix1710

You usually don't need to pay for the game in full when you preorder, just $25 or something.

The idea is that you preorder now and then earn enough to purchase it over the summer.
Yeah I guess that's true.

• 06.08.2010 8:37 PM PDT

Yea exactly. You know what.... I MAY just do that. Besides i might be able to sell the statue to someone i know for profit ;D

[Edited on 06.08.2010 9:17 PM PDT]

• 06.08.2010 9:16 PM PDT

I really want to get the flaming helmet effect but to do that I have to buy the whole bungle for extra 90.

If you pay the extra $90 just for the Flaming Helmet, I feel sorry for you. Try and actually enjoy the packet, like, you know, the cool part of it?

• 06.08.2010 9:20 PM PDT

Posted by: LordOfBlah51
I really want to get the flaming helmet effect but to do that I have to buy the whole bungle for extra 90.

If you pay the extra $90 just for the Flaming Helmet, I feel sorry for you. Try and actually enjoy the packet, like, you know, the cool part of it?

well i didnt word it right i guess. i am not paying 90 bucks for just the helmet. but the helmet is a HUGE reason why i want legendary. what else comes with legendary that is enjoyable?

• 06.08.2010 9:24 PM PDT

Im getting it for free so I dont care.

• 06.08.2010 9:25 PM PDT

bump. what else comes with legendary edition? i looked it up but i dont really understand what you get still

• 06.09.2010 1:20 PM PDT

I will be purchasing the Legendary edition because I am a true Halo fan. Nothing more, nothing less.

• 06.09.2010 1:23 PM PDT
  • gamertag: MibZ x
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Sp4rt4n119
Thank you sir, that was an epic rendition of this topic.

Posted by: Xx KNOX xX
and how!

I already preordered it.

Why? Because for one I am a huge Halo fan, and second I like all the stuff it contains.

If I end up not liking the statue I'll sell it. Hand painted limited production statues are quite valuable should you find a willing collector.

Ebay my friend.

EDIT: Look on this page.

[Edited on 06.09.2010 1:27 PM PDT]

• 06.09.2010 1:24 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Fabled Heroic Member
  • user homepage:

Im buying it because that statue looks INSANE.

But, the flaming helmet adds to the fun, and the book is another +

• 06.09.2010 1:26 PM PDT

bump. what else comes with legendary edition? i looked it up but i dont really understand what you get still

You didn't need to say Bump if you were replying with an on topic question.

Hell, you should never find yourself posting "bump" ever. If you can't find a way to pass it off as an on topic comment, then it's time to let the thread go >_>

To answer your question: This should clear things up.

• user homepage:

The statue is nice, but for the price they should have included an actual pistol or something.

Kidding. I will be enjoying the limited edition.

im getting legend of the book, statue and flames
i've payed £40 of it so far (its only 100 over in the UK)

• 06.09.2010 1:29 PM PDT
  •  | 
  • Exalted Heroic Member

It comes packaged with a special UNSC exterior, the McFarlane crafted statue, a journal from Dr. Halsey (person responsible for the Spartan II project), some patches/stickers (I dont know which), the limited edition in-game Elite armor, and the flaming helm effect for your Spartan in-game.

......anything else I may have overlooked, let me know.

• 06.09.2010 1:30 PM PDT

Orange Flames fTw

I once walked down a BUMPy road <--- I've always wanted to do that.

OT= I pre-ordered legendary because it was worth $200 of my moneys to me

• 06.09.2010 1:32 PM PDT

"Providing targets for clear headshots since 2009"

I put down my $25 the day it was announced and you know what? It's only 20 bucks shy of being completely paid off, with very little hit to the budget. 5$ here and there over the past few weeks and we still have 3 months before release.

If you only want the armour perms, sell the rest of your package on ebay (full disclosure of course) and recoup some of your investment.

• 06.09.2010 1:33 PM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 2