Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kinds die

- Till Lindemann

Poll: Drop shield NEEDS to go  [closed]
Agreed:  7%
(39 Votes)
Disagreed:  93%
(530 Votes)
Total Votes: 569

A regenerator and bubble shield? Yeah because thats totally not overpowered. Everybody will use drop shield and ignore all other loadouts and because of this, nobody will die and gameplay will be incredibly slow paced and boring. If this anti-christ appears in Reach, have it in campaign and maybe Firefight but not the matchmaking.

• 06.18.2010 1:16 AM PST
  •  | 
  • Exalted Legendary Member

It only regenerates health, can be destroyed and has a 20 second cooldown. It's fine.

• 06.18.2010 1:18 AM PST

It's not going to be on every map. We don't even know if it's in matchmaking yet.

• gamertag: ZALO15
  • user homepage:

HALO: my relaxation, my interaction, my medication, my addiction

have you tried it? have you experienced it in multiplayer first hand? do tell! what happened to YOU that made you think it was overpowered?

Hi

loadouts come with different weapons

Posted by: Der Meister
A regenerator and bubble shield? Yeah because thats totally not overpowered. Everybody will use drop shield and ignore all other loadouts and because of this, nobody will die and gameplay will be incredibly slow paced and boring. If this anti-christ appears in Reach, have it in campaign and maybe Firefight but not the matchmaking.
Looked like it might have been a Firefight only AA. So before you complain just wait and see.

• 06.18.2010 1:20 AM PST

Hai it's me voiceruler. I like custom games a lot more than matchmaking, and the best type of custom game is infection, and i <3 campaign.
uıɐɹq ɹnoʎ ǝɯnsuoɔ ןןıʍ ʇı sɐ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ ʇuop

¡sǝʌןǝsɯǝɥʇ ʇooɥs pןnoɥs ʇɐɥʇ sǝʇɐɥ oɥʍ ǝuoʎuɐ puɐ ƃuızɐɯɐ sı ʇspo :3oןɐɥ ˙ʍou ǝıp oƃ oʇ pǝǝu noʎ ʇnq noʎ ɥʇıʍ ƃuoɹʍ sʇɐɥʍ ʍouʞ ʇ,uop ı ʇuop noʎ ɟı puɐ uƃıɐdɯɐɔ ǝʌoן ı

Damn, your the only voter on "agreed" as of now. apparently your idea sucks, hard. sucks to be you :)

[Edited on 06.18.2010 1:21 AM PDT]

• 06.18.2010 1:20 AM PST

- Till Lindemann

Posted by: Albilter

Yeah because you totally can't pick up another one.

• 06.18.2010 1:22 AM PST

BOOM HEADSHOT!

"Yay"

who doesnt love Grunt Birthday Party

its probaly only for FF

• 06.18.2010 1:23 AM PST

If it ain't my chair, it ain't my problem. That's what I say.

That's what everyone said about armor lock, and just look at it now.

• 06.18.2010 1:23 AM PST

Hi

Posted by: Der Meister
Posted by: Albilter

Yeah because you totally can't pick up another one.

Yes,I can.

• 06.18.2010 1:25 AM PST

- Till Lindemann

Posted by: voiceruler
Damn, your the only voter on "agreed" as of now. apparently your idea sucks, hard. sucks to be you :)

Well, excuse me for believing that a shield that not only protects you from further damage but also happens to fully heal you is overpowered. My mistake.

• 06.18.2010 1:26 AM PST

- Till Lindemann

Posted by: SLIFER2
That's what everyone said about armor lock, and just look at it now.

Yep, still remains annoying.

• 06.18.2010 1:26 AM PST

- Till Lindemann

Posted by: RyanQuinn2010
its probaly only for FF

If thats the way it is, i'm happy. But if i'm trying to out DMR somebody just for him to pull out a shield that heals him i'll be kinda pissed.

• 06.18.2010 1:28 AM PST
  • gamertag: oZOSo
  • user homepage:

Seeing as how it can break when under heavy damage, I wouldn't worry about it. Did you also think that the Bubble Shield would be overpowered?

• 06.18.2010 1:29 AM PST

It's less useful than the Bubble Shield and Regenerator in a sense. The bubble can apparently be shot at until it collapses, like the Deployable Cover, and it only regenerates health.

[Edited on 06.18.2010 1:31 AM PDT]

• 06.18.2010 1:30 AM PST

Me thinks that drop shields will be staying. Also who cares if its anti christ. Its anti covenant which matters

• 06.18.2010 1:30 AM PST

Another person that hasn't used somthing yet they know its OP how do you guy do that!/Sarcasm

• 06.18.2010 1:31 AM PST

let me guess your one of the people who said armor lock was overpowered because you couldn't kill him or that bloom decreased skill

--troll--

• 06.18.2010 1:33 AM PST

- Till Lindemann

Posted by: Zos
Seeing as how it can break when under heavy damage, I wouldn't worry about it. Did you also think that the Bubble Shield would be overpowered?

No the bubble shield isn't overpowered because you have to work to get it and it takes about 5 minutes to respawn. By the time you take out the shield, they'll have already regenerated their shield.

Posted by: Delta 36 DBW
Another person that hasn't used somthing yet they know its OP how do you guy do that!/Sarcasm

I agree...

But clearly he has a long history of making amazing games which are better than halo and so clearly he knows better than bungie...

Thunder Dan is En Fuego!

the only thing that needs to go is that stupid hammer of dawn rip off, without that gun the game is as close to perfect as its going to get, dropshield included

• 06.18.2010 1:34 AM PST

Posted by: gkjhhhiuj76
the only thing that needs to go is that stupid hammer of dawn rip off, without that gun the game is as close to perfect as its going to get, dropshield included
hammer of dawn wasn't the first so no its not really a rip off.

• 06.18.2010 1:35 AM PST

- Till Lindemann

Posted by: mandrake
let me guess your one of the people who said armor lock was overpowered because you couldn't kill him or that bloom decreased skill

--troll--

Armor power isn't so much overpowered as it is annoying. Bloom takes a crap load of skill that whiny MLG wannabe kids can't get used to. How am i trolling because i think differantly?

• 06.18.2010 1:36 AM PST