Halo: Reach Forum
This topic has moved here: Poll [288 votes]: Do you want to be able to play as an Elite in Firefight?
  • Poll [288 votes]: Do you want to be able to play as an Elite in Firefight?
  • Pages:
  • of 4
Subject: Do you want to be able to play as an Elite in Firefight?

Let me hear you sound off
Let them know how you feel
If the anger inside is real
Sound off
Long before the bridges are burned
The powers to be are going to hear your words

Poll: Do you want to be able to play as an Elite in Firefight?  [closed]
Yes:  76%
(219 Votes)
No:  24%
(69 Votes)
Total Votes: 288

Since nobody seems to read this part it's time to engage the caps lock.
I AM TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE THAT PLAY AS SPARTAN OR ELITE PLAYER MODELS MIXING ON THE SAME TEAM, I DON'T WANT THE ENEMY TEAM TO CHANGE AND CONSIST SOLELY OF HUMANS, NOR YOUR TEAM CONSISTING OF SOLELY ELITES/ALIENS.

I JUST WANT SPARTAN AND ELITE PLAYERS TO BE ABLE TO MIX AND BE ON THE SAME TEAM LIKE THEY CAN ON HALO 2 AND HALO 3.

I DO NOT CARE WHETHER OR NOT IT MAKE SENSE HAVING ELITES KILLING OTHER ELITES AND SIDING WITH SPARTANS, AS FIREFIGHT IS NON-CANON ANYWAY. THAT IS ALL.

If the above still hasn't explained it for you, read the rest of the original post below (which I'm too lazy and/or annoyed to edit).
------------------------------------------------
I am aware that we will be fighting Elites in the new Firefight but that shouldn't matter, as in Halo 2 we were playing as Elites killing other Elites.

This could be done simply by selecting the Elite player model as your preferred species. I suppose if players also didn't want this they could toggle the option to allow Elites only, Spartans only, or mixed, in the options for that gamemode.

It seems Firefight mode is non-canon anyway, and in Halo 2 the Covenant and UNSC were enemies for the majority of the game but Spartans and Elites were allowed to be on the same teams in multiplayer, so why not here?

[Edited on 06.22.2010 1:22 AM PDT]

• 06.20.2010 11:04 AM PDT

blarg

• 06.20.2010 11:06 AM PDT
  • gamertag: MassDx
  • user homepage:

Win

• 06.20.2010 11:06 AM PDT

pointless......

• 06.20.2010 11:08 AM PDT

Posted by: Dawmsquad
pointless......

No. This is a good idea, although it has been discussed before and I don't see it even happening.

• 06.20.2010 11:10 AM PDT

Not pointless, Gears of War 3 has Beast mode, its the opposite of Horde, if we get that kind of game in Reach every one would -blam!- love it! Think about starting as a grunt and making your way upto playing as a hunter!

• 06.20.2010 11:10 AM PDT

Death to rank junkies.

Posted by: Eliteslaughter
It seems Firefight mode is non-canon anyway, due to there being Brutes when it doesn't fall into this timeline? I may be wrong, so if somebody more knowledgeable on the Halo timeline could correct me that would be great.

Dude, Brutes, Drones, and all the other species were part of the Covenant since before Halo 1. And firefight isn't canon.

• 06.20.2010 11:12 AM PDT

the whole point of firefight is the UNSC against the covenant and if you were playing as an elite you would be betraying the covenant

• 06.20.2010 11:26 AM PDT

PEANUT-BUTTER SLAP!

Posted by: Valo Sweet 666
Not pointless, Gears of War 3 has Beast mode, its the opposite of Horde, if we get that kind of game in Reach every one would -blam!- love it! Think about starting as a grunt and making your way upto playing as a hunter!
But that's not what this thread's about. This guy wants to play normal firefight as an elite, and I wouldn't like it. There would probably be a lot of friendly fire incidents.

• 06.20.2010 11:27 AM PDT

I'm an Artist and Musician from the UK. I enjoy science and telling other people about it, often when they don't want me to. I'm also a fairly cynical person, but I enjoy wondering about new ideas and possibilities and the like. Wasn't that interesting?

Brutes are in the Campaign, and it does fit into the timeline; they have less armour at this point, and we'll be seeing far less of them than the Elites.

As for playing as an Elite in FireFight, I would like that as a Sangheili player, but I have no idea how it would work.

I'm not going to get my hopes up on this one.

• 06.20.2010 11:30 AM PDT

mmm HERETICS
HERETIC SNIPERS
HERETIC HEAVY
=D

• 06.20.2010 11:32 AM PDT

Now sit down and pull your pants back up.

I think it would be cool if you could set your character to elite then have all the waves be insurrectionists.

• 06.20.2010 11:33 AM PDT

Sound off

Firefight isn't canon so it shouldn't matter what you're able to play as.

Just to clarify, by playing as an Elite I didn't mean any other special effects such as your team consisting of all Covenant or the enemy team being all human players/NPCs.

I am proposing that you are just able to play as an Elite (by selecting as preferred species) with any other Spartans and/or Elite players on your side.

[Edited on 06.20.2010 2:03 PM PDT]

• 06.20.2010 2:01 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Covenant Firefight = win

• 06.20.2010 2:03 PM PDT

that would be awesome because i could kill all the marines and feel evil.

• 06.20.2010 2:05 PM PDT

I hunt for the Prophet of Contentment, the San 'Shyumm that murdered my son, and stole his birthright, his Energy Sword. They call our species Heretics. They claim to all that our tongues sting, our words a vile poison that feeds on the unworthy. I have seen the true face of Heresy. The head of a gallant warrior lay on the ground. His neck scorched and blistered, scarred by his own blade. I shall retrieve the weapon, and drive it through that bastard's heart! Punishment for his sins is nigh.

Yes. I would like Drones re-added to the list of selectable enemies in custom firefight games. And I would like flood, sentinels, Spartans, Marines, ODSTs and Engineers added to the list.

I also want to be able to play as any of these species.

I mean, hey, it's not canon anyway, let Spartans kill UNSC troops and Elites kill Covenant in Firefight.

Let the UNSC and Covenant team up with the Flood to fight a Jackal, Hunter, Spartan, and Sentinel.

• 06.20.2010 2:11 PM PDT
  • gamertag: BY021
  • user homepage:

It'd be nice to allow Elites in Firefight, though it wouldn't make sense canonically unless the Elites were Heretics, which also couldn't happen, because you can fight Heretics in Firefight...

• 06.20.2010 2:19 PM PDT

Minimal Casualties, Maximum Effectiveness.

It would make sense since firefight is just for fun and nothing campaign related really it would be cool to play as elites that join your cause to fight off waves of covies!

• 06.20.2010 2:22 PM PDT

Building an Invasion map for Forgetacular... I'd tell you what the special feature is, but that would ruin the surprise, wouldn't it?

I would be mistaken for the enemy, besides the fact that I prefer playing as a spartan.

• 06.20.2010 2:25 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Posted by: Eliteslaughter
Do you want to be able to play as an Elite in Firefight?
Yes.

• 06.20.2010 3:32 PM PDT

And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the thriller

I would love to have it, if the player cursors work well enough, it would be much less likely for someone to mistake an ally elite for an enemy.

• 06.20.2010 3:36 PM PDT

Sound off

Posted by: BY021
It'd be nice to allow Elites in Firefight, though it wouldn't make sense canonically unless the Elites were Heretics, which also couldn't happen, because you can fight Heretics in Firefight...

Firefight is non-canon.

• 06.20.2010 4:25 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Rawr Im a dino!

Yes I want to play as an Elite and kill all of the loyalists!

• 06.20.2010 4:26 PM PDT

That would be like Copying Gears of War 3's "Beast Mode". But it would alright since they copied Halo's "The Flood" with the lambit

• 06.20.2010 4:27 PM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 4