Halo: Reach Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: If there where female Sangheili models in Reach multi-player-...
  • Subject: If there where female Sangheili models in Reach multi-player-...
  • Pages:
  • of 2
Subject: If there where female Sangheili models in Reach multi-player-...

What do you think they'd look like? For a moment, just forget the lore behind females not being allowed to join the Covenant and let your imaginations run.

I'd think they'd look likes the male models, but somewhat smoother and more feminine in figure. Sort of like human women but without breasts and a little more muscle.

I have a sketch I'm working on of some sort of female Sangheili role-play character. I'll post it up soon if possible.

[Edited on 07.24.2010 6:41 PM PDT]

• 07.24.2010 6:41 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s274/21Nicky21/Brutes.jpg

Posted by: RocketMoose
Changing your gamertag will not affect bungie.net's records of you playing the Beta or Halo 2. (If you create a whole new account, that's a different story)

How They Look Like In Halo Legends?

Here

[Edited on 07.24.2010 6:46 PM PDT]

• 07.24.2010 6:42 PM PDT
  • gamertag: Methew
  • user homepage:

Like normal Elites just slightly smaller and less bulky.

• 07.24.2010 6:42 PM PDT

Taken from Halopedia:

-So far, she is the only female Sangheili to be physically shown in the Halo universe, and the second to be mentioned; the other being Sanj'ik.
-True to her Yamato Nadeshiko form, Han is voiced by Kikuko Inuoe, famous for playing Belldandy in the series Oh My Goddess.
-Her decidedly humanoid appearance is a stylistic choice to make her a more sympathetic character, and is not necessarily how female Sangheili canonically look like.[2][3][4]

I hate how they look in The Duel. It just doesn't make sense.

[Edited on 07.24.2010 6:44 PM PDT]

• 07.24.2010 6:43 PM PDT

The Snow Leopard's wisdom includes: Understanding one's shadow-side; trusting one's inner-self; agility; strength; the ability to stalk; understanding the power of silence.

They'd look nearly identical to male Sangheili.
The female Sangheili in Legends was depicted artistically, to more resemble a human woman.

• 07.24.2010 6:45 PM PDT

Posted by: ChillyGear
Taken from Halopedia:

-So far, she is the only female Sangheili to be physically shown in the Halo universe, and the second to be mentioned; the other being Sanj'ik.
-True to her Yamato Nadeshiko form, Han is voiced by Kikuko Inuoe, famous for playing Belldandy in the series Oh My Goddess.
-Her decidedly humanoid appearance is a stylistic choice to make her a more sympathetic character, and is not necessarily how female Sangheili canonically look like.[2][3][4]

They look like those blue females in Avatar.

Maybe something like this?

• 07.24.2010 6:47 PM PDT

Chupa's got a little secret, yes he does.

Probably thinner like the female Spartan's.

• 07.24.2010 6:50 PM PDT

Posted by: maverickninja97

Taken from Halopedia:

Something like that, but with slightly wider hips and lack of breasts, at least that's how I've drawn mine.

[Edited on 07.24.2010 6:51 PM PDT]

• 07.24.2010 6:51 PM PDT

For the record, I would tap that like like it was put-put golf. Like a college student opening a beer keg. Like a phone in the cold war. Like an oil company in a nature reserve. Like a goddamn telegraph.

Posted by: il uragano 3493
Seriously though, I'm fine with experimenting

Posted by: maverickninja97

Taken from Halopedia:

Yeah, that looks about right.

• 07.24.2010 6:51 PM PDT

Female Elites never served in the Covenant military.
It isn't going to happen.

• 07.24.2010 6:52 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

why would it matter,but i thought the elite girls dint fight

• 07.24.2010 6:53 PM PDT

Posted by: BlitzBladeX

Read what I wrote in the original post. Is it that hard to do?

Edit: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Sanj'ik

[Edited on 07.24.2010 6:54 PM PDT]

• 07.24.2010 6:53 PM PDT

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME GROUP INVITATIONS

The Halo REACH Script (post thoughts in thread)

Writing Lead of Whisper Studios. Check out Heron!

Look... I'm on bungiepedia!

Why would a female Elite have breasts if they're based off of a reptilian species? Mammals are the ones which have mammaries to make milk to feed their young. Elites are more like snakes.

• 07.24.2010 6:56 PM PDT

Wherever you roam
so far from home
you'll be safe from peril
life threatening and terrible
if you avoid David Powel
and keep track of your towel.

I don't think that they would make a separate model, us humans couldn't really tell the difference anyway.

It's not like Jackals where the males have a frill and the females have bony growths on their heads.

Baseless assumptions. Canon states only that almost all male Sangheili served in the military.

Posted by: MLG Cheehwawa
Why would a female Elite have breasts if they're based off of a reptilian species? Mammals are the ones which have mammaries to make milk to feed their young. Elites are more like snakes.

Elites aren't from Earth. Elites don't have ancestry that can be traced to common origins with creatures from Earth.

Why should Elites fit the classifications of Earth species?

[Edited on 07.24.2010 6:59 PM PDT]

• 07.24.2010 6:57 PM PDT

Read what I wrote in the original post. Is it that hard to do?

Edit: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Sanj'ik

Woah...I never saw that... huh maybe I've been wrong...just cause elite females cant fight dont mean they cant take the tech and medic seats... jesus this is acctually a revalation for me thanks for that man

Exactly! That's one of the many reasons why I hate the way they're represented in The Duel.

how most would think the female elites might look

how they would look honestly if they where implamented

• 07.24.2010 7:01 PM PDT

Posted by: ZombieGObang

"amg it duznt luk female giv it b00bz!"
-Random fanboy noob.

• 07.24.2010 7:03 PM PDT

Posted by: ZombieGObang

"amg it duznt luk female giv it b00bz!"
-Random fanboy noob.

heh yeah... if they did put female elites in I'd like them to be treated the same way as female spartans...no real difference just that they look smaller and slimmer

• 07.24.2010 7:05 PM PDT

Wherever you roam
so far from home
if you avoid David Powel

Exactly! That's one of the many reasons why I hate the way they're represented in The Duel.

It's not a very hard concept. Elites may look like reptiles, but there is no possible chance whatsoever that they are reptiles.

There's no reason why it wouldn't make sense for any extraterrestrial species, no matter how dissimilar from mammals they are, to have mammary glands.

• 07.24.2010 7:10 PM PDT

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2758/femeliter.png

Here's my interpretation of a female Sangheili (and my Halo RP character)
Solus Seruumee (Her stories and lifetime serving in the Covenant as a SpecOps sniper take place during the events of Halo Reach and Halo: CE.)

Trained in secret by highly-ranked members of the high council, hidden away from other Sangheili due to their taboo feelings of female Sangheili in the Covenant, Solus was seen as more of an agile spy by many San 'Shyuum more than part of a brute task force like regular SpecOps Sangheili groups. She would often be sent out to sometimes aid SpecOps groups in secret and carry out special 'Assassination' tasks.

That's just my basic background story for her. It's obviously not official Halo canon.

[Edited on 07.24.2010 7:16 PM PDT]

• 07.24.2010 7:15 PM PDT

The Snow Leopard's wisdom includes: Understanding one's shadow-side; trusting one's inner-self; agility; strength; the ability to stalk; understanding the power of silence.

Posted by: EldritchWarlord
It's not a very hard concept. Elites may look like reptiles, but there is no possible chance whatsoever that they are reptiles.
There's no reason why it wouldn't make sense for any extraterrestrial species, no matter how dissimilar from mammals they are, to have mammary glands.
There's also no reason why they wouldn't be more like reptiles than mammals.

• 07.24.2010 7:16 PM PDT

Wherever you roam
so far from home
if you avoid David Powel

Posted by: Seneka The 5th
Posted by: EldritchWarlord

There's also no reason reason for them not to be more like mammals than reptiles.

Is there a point in debating this? They are extraterrestrial creatures. The evolution of groups of species on Earth has nothing to do with how the Elites evolved.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear. All of the classifications we use for grouping species together have absolutely no meaning off this planet. We on Earth can look at a lizard and make assumptions about its anatomy because we know about the anatomies of other lizards and other reptiles. However we know nothing about the species on Sanghelios besides Sangheili, and about them we know rather little anatomically.

And here's an interesting closing though. If Elites actually were reptiles they could not have two opposable digits on each hand or hooves.

• 07.24.2010 7:27 PM PDT

It's never officially been declared what animal group they're in, but they do seem more reptilian than mammalian, hence to why I'm not in favour of them having breasts. However, grunts have been declared by the UNSC as 'being arthropods'.

Taken from the offical Reach site on the profile page of Covenant species:

"Short and broad bipedal arthropods. Typically travel in groups up to eight. Lack discipline; tend to panic once local command has been eliminated. This will occasionally manifest itself as a suicidal attempt to eliminate the forces that eliminated its commander(s)."

They've also classified Sangheilis as Saurians

"Sinewy and extremely tall saurians. Following the First Battle of Harvest in 2525 this species has been observed exclusively as the leadership of the Covenant in all military engagements. They are disciplined and proficient combatants."

[Edited on 07.24.2010 7:35 PM PDT]

• 07.24.2010 7:28 PM PDT

Wherever you roam
so far from home
if you avoid David Powel

It's never officially been declared what animal group they're in, but they do seem more reptilian than mammalian, hence to why I'm not in favour of them having breasts.

They don't belong in any animal group. All of the animal groups we have are specific to Earth evolution.

We could say that Elites are saurian, which as an adjective means "resembling a dinosaur." Well, it actually means "resembling a lizard," but the former definition is how most people use the word. The proper word for that would be "dinosaurian."

EDIT: Concerning Grunts in your edit. Descriptively Grunts fit what the word arthropod means in that they have articulated limbs. A better description would be "arthropodean".

Grunts are of course methanogenic in some fashion. No true arthropods are.

[Edited on 07.24.2010 7:41 PM PDT]

• 07.24.2010 7:36 PM PDT

• Pages:
  • of 2