Halo: Reach Forum
This topic has moved here: Subject: "if they came to hear me beg" achievement glitch
  • Subject: "if they came to hear me beg" achievement glitch
  • Pages:
  • of 2
Subject: "if they came to hear me beg" achievement glitch
  • gamertag: Lee56
  • user homepage:

Ok so I have done this achievement god knows how many times and still no achievement and before people say I am doing it wrong please see my fileshare which has four videos of me doing it. I really want a fix on this and whilst talking about achievements the game has unlocked one of the achievements but i have not got the gamerscore so far i have only 935G and have unlocked 940G.

• 09.19.2010 11:42 AM PDT
  • gamertag: Voqz
  • user homepage:

Halo:Reach FAQ

[Edited on 09.19.2010 11:44 AM PDT]

• 09.19.2010 11:43 AM PDT

Ninjabag the tea-pirates!

I don't want to join your group.

It's just hard. I've assassinated the elite about 5 times and not got it but me mate got it like 3rd try so you've just gotta keep on truckin' or some other stupid phrase.

• 09.19.2010 11:43 AM PDT

Gamerscore on the site and on live does not update instantly, give it a little time, i had the same thing happening. As for the achievement, you just really need perfect timing, took me a bunch of attempts until i got it. If your using sprint to boost a jump you wont get it as that doesnt count as a fall.

• 09.19.2010 11:45 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

well the probelem with my achievements is not on the site but my actual xbox account and other friends have had the same problem and i have also tried for this achievement more than 5 time have probably spent about 2 hours on it in total. also i have just noticed that with and without using sprint at all i dont always die from the fall anyway so i think this is where the problem lies and that is without crouching or landing on anything as well the game just hates me

• 09.19.2010 12:08 PM PDT

Turn off sprint midair.

• 09.19.2010 12:08 PM PDT
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

USE THE FAQ, MORON.

• 09.19.2010 12:09 PM PDT

It took me 6 mins, do it on the mission start of pillar of autumn

The achievement is just a -blam!- to get. It took my three hours to get it. I count it all towards luck.
If you are doing the jumping off the cliff onto the Elite on the last level, the jumping on head assassination doesn't count for some reason. You need to perform a different one.

• gamertag: ERRM
  • user homepage:

It would not unlock for me on normal so I put it on legendary and got it on my first try.

Wow, I like tanks
Member since 5/8/08
¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█
▄██ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ ██▅▄▃▂
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙☼◤

I have noticed that if you hold the sprint botton and assassinate the Elite you will get the achievement, even though most achievement guids (via youtube, acheivement hunters ect.) says that you need to stop sprinting as soon as you jump off the cliff b/c apparently having sprint on while making fatal jumps will keep you alive most of the time, in which case the achievement will not be earned.

• 09.19.2010 12:11 PM PDT

You should try it on legendary and turn off sprint half way down. Took me 6 attempts to get it.

• 09.19.2010 12:13 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

how about u just f*** off that is of no help already done that an insane amount of times and i cant be bothered with insults from idiots @ black panther

[Edited on 09.19.2010 12:18 PM PDT]

• 09.19.2010 12:14 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

just got it thanks to DT Errm and deverox

• 09.19.2010 12:25 PM PDT
  • user homepage:

Really? I got it yesterday without even trying... seriously i was playing and it just pops up. What do you need to do for it?

• 09.19.2010 12:36 PM PDT

This achievement is glitched for me. I have done it 30+ times, on pillar of autumn, legendary, I turned off the sprint before you did to get it, and I did it on top of him, behind him, and one time I launched all the way to him from 5+ feet away and did it. I also did it to the orange and the purple elite that is sometimes there. And my friend hadn't tried that achievement yet and I picked up his controller and it gave it to me the first time. So should I delete and recover my gamertag? Thats the only thing I havn't tried.

• 09.27.2010 2:49 PM PDT

I also have tried this every which way with no results. I've read all the FAQ's and turned off(and on) sprint, put on legendary(and normal), assassinated him every which way, and it will not unlock. I've tried everything I can think of and I get nothing.

Bungie forum ninja, if you read this, there's a link to what I consider a perfect try on my file share. I would love some explanation as to why this won't work for me. Thanks.

• 11.04.2010 11:14 PM PDT

Posted by: Ji Guan Deng
Turn off sprint midair.

This. If you dont stop sprinting midfall the fall will not kill you.

• 11.05.2010 12:04 AM PDT

Wanna know why I use a knife?

Dumbest achievement ever, took me an hour and forty-seven minutes to do.

Watch this, it helped me out.

• 11.05.2010 12:11 AM PDT

I am Canadian. I love Halo. What more needs to be said, Eh?

Posted by: Nosferatu_
Dumbest achievement ever, took me an hour and forty-seven minutes to do.

Watch this, it helped me out.

Haaaaa.

I've tried using the AH guide. doesn't work for me. I've landed on that freaking Elite at least 30 times and snapped his neck, stabbed him in the brain, cut his throat, and all the other fun ways to kill a elite.

Nothing works. I'm getting tired of seeing myself land on him, end his life, and not getting it.... or better yet, bouncing off him somehow instead of jamming a knife in him.

Or landing safely after jumping from the cliff, and having done nothing that would explain my survival; I took no Shield damage either.

What would you guys recommend? continue to assassinate the elite in PoA, or try assassinating that elite on the Plasma cannon near the end of ToTS by using a jetpack?

• 11.05.2010 12:26 AM PDT

I think it doesn't work for some people (including me) because you can melee at the exact precise time when your falling and survive. Even if you reach terminal velocity. Ive done it before falling form the tip of Spire. If it wernt for this stupid achievement I would have them all completed!

• 11.05.2010 1:04 AM PDT

Odds are, you're hitting the ground with collision damage as opposed to fall damage. Go check all the carnage reports of the games you tried it with and you'll see. As for actually doing it, try try try again and again. It took me hours upon hours of doing it, until finally, on a given try, I got it in 10 minutes.

• 11.05.2010 1:12 AM PDT
  • user homepage:

▲▼►◄
I hate triangles...

i got it on the last level... on the first try,
u mad?

• 11.05.2010 1:13 AM PDT

Posted by: Ji Guan Deng
Turn off sprint midair.

• 11.05.2010 1:14 AM PDT

• Pages: