Halo 1 & 2 for PC
This topic has moved here: Subject: Halo 1 blood gulch download
  • Subject: Halo 1 blood gulch download
Subject: Halo 1 blood gulch download

A while ago i was modding in Halo 1's Blood Gulch. I messed something up and now i get a 'Gathering exception data' message everytime i start or join a server in Blood Gulch. I forgot to save the original Blood Gulch in a different folder so now i can't change it back. I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't work. Can i download the original map anywhere?

Thanks for reading.

• 11.28.2010 1:13 PM PST

Download another copy of Halo CE and cope it out of the folder.

• 11.28.2010 1:30 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Noble Heroic Member

"A life lived for others is the only life worth living" - Albert Einstein

"I have your RCON right here." - Iggwilv

"Always my pleasure to be lazy." - InvasionImminent

Try to get a buddy that plays Halo PC as well to send you it through E-Mail. The only place I can think of that has a default Blood Gulch map file is http://www.halomaps.org, but that's just for Halo Custom Edition. Learn to back up all your maps before you start dabbling into the modding game. I keep a separate folder for Backup maps. I have every single map in that folder, too.

Also, to me, it seems like if you did reinstall that should have fixed the problem seeing as though you should have a fresh version of Blood Gulch.

[Edited on 11.28.2010 1:34 PM PST]

• 11.28.2010 1:32 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Noble Legendary Member

Halo 1&2 PC forum's resident OC ReMixer. Like rockified and metalized video game music? Subscribe to my YouTube channel.

Yeah. That's right. I don't have a 50 in H3. I never got Onyx in Reach. If a game sucks too much, I won't even bother trying for such trivial "accolades". Besides, I've done way more things that take far more skill and talent than anything that can be done in a video game.

Posted by: MatsBdj
I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't work.

Well, it should have, because reinstalling deletes the old map and replaces it. You must be dealing with a different problem.

• 11.28.2010 1:41 PM PST
  •  | 
  • Noble Heroic Member

"A life lived for others is the only life worth living" - Albert Einstein

"I have your RCON right here." - Iggwilv

"Always my pleasure to be lazy." - InvasionImminent

Yes, exactly as I said later on in my post. Have you only tried to join maps with Blood Gulch, OP? Try other maps. Trust me, they're fun, too.

• 11.28.2010 1:45 PM PST

Thanks for the advice guys. One of my friends has the game too so i'll ask him if he can send the map to me. Reinstalling doesn't work so perhaps this solution won't work either. But if the problem isn't caused by the map, then how come the other maps work fine?

• 11.29.2010 9:02 AM PST

I tried to join a couple of servers and it seems that Blood Gulch does work on some servers but i don't know why. I got into two servers. They both had unlimited rockets with bottomles clip.

• 11.29.2010 9:14 AM PST