Bungie Universe
This topic has moved here: Subject: Sangheili Language.
  • Subject: Sangheili Language.
Subject: Sangheili Language.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

BANG!!!!

I was thinking. If 'Wort Wort Wort' is 'Go go go' In 'Sangheili', wouldn't that mean that the entire language is comprised of what the sounds are pronounced like backwards? Or at least a similar word?

Like 'She Sells Seashells by the Seashore'

Would be like... 'Ehs Slles Sllehsaes yb eht erohsaes'

But when written, you add double letters, punctuation, etc. to make it more realistic?

Like 'By' would be 'Yyb'

I don't know, but it just seems to make sense~ Just my theory.

• 12.02.2010 6:07 PM PST

Sour0deez is the leader of the t-P-t
And Administrator of The Clan Union Group
this file is not linked to sour0deez due to technical difficulties this file is linked to MUGBEER19 also IMPORTANT here my name is sourodeez on xbox it is sour0deez

It's just a coincidence, like how cat is chat in french. and we all know that cats don't shat.

• 12.02.2010 6:10 PM PST

Reach for Halo!

Posted by: SOURODEEZ
It's just a coincidence, like how cat is chat in french. and we all know that cats don't shat.

however you link cats and shat and wort wort wort...I will never know! Oh and ya I have been trying to figure out this for a while...I like your theory

• 12.02.2010 6:14 PM PST

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

BANG!!!!

Posted by: SAM DA COOL MAN

however you link cats and shat and wort wort wort...I will never know! Oh and ya I have been trying to figure out this for a while...I like your theory

Thanks. I mean, if one phrase is like that, would that mean multiple ones would be the same?

• 12.02.2010 6:19 PM PST

Cave Johnson here, we're done!

PS: If you are reading this comment while imagining my voice, don't panic. That's just a side effect of the testing.

Posted by: SlushiestAura81
I was thinking. If 'Wort Wort Wort' is 'Go go go' In 'Sangheili', wouldn't that mean that the entire language is comprised of what the sounds are pronounced like backwards? Or at least a similar word?

But when written, you add double letters, punctuation, etc. to make it more realistic?

Like 'By' would be 'Yyb'

That's at least what it was like in Halo: CE, to me it sounds more like an actual alien language in Reach, more importantly they actually have some of it translated to a certain degree.

Who knows, could be the new nerdy ass language that no one will respect you and mock you for fully learning and speaking it.

• 12.02.2010 6:20 PM PST

I bet that if Karen Traviss writes a book about the Sangheili, she'll make a dictionary of the language, just like she did for the Mandolorians with Mando'a.

• 12.02.2010 6:20 PM PST

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

BANG!!!!

Posted by: tinyohyeah

Like 'By' would be 'Yyb'

That's at least what it was like in Halo: CE, to me it sounds more like an actual alien language in Reach, more importantly they actually have some of it translated to a certain degree.

Who knows, could be the new nerdy ass language that no one will respect you and mock you for fully learning and speaking it.

That's true... I mean, if I am right,(which I SEVERELY doubt), I don't plan on writing essays in Sangheili.

• 12.02.2010 6:22 PM PST

this file is not linked to sour0deez due to technical difficulties this file is linked to MUGBEER19 also IMPORTANT here my name is sourodeez on xbox it is sour0deez

By the way, there are many sanghelli clans that would appreciate or correct you on the language. My good alien friend Zoomzoom97 is in a big, serious sanghelli clan.

• 12.02.2010 6:27 PM PST

I think if you listen carefully in Theater, you can make out definate words, but we have no basis except for Wort Wort Wort. THe Grunts seem to have their own language, just like Brutes.

And hey, I invented my own language and a complimenting alphabet. (Alba'ha is incredibly hard to pronouce xD I think it would take a full year to help cram all the stressed syllables and accents into a person's head)

• 12.02.2010 6:53 PM PST

PS: If you are reading this comment while imagining my voice, don't panic. That's just a side effect of the testing.

Posted by: Gruntpocalypto

I think if you listen carefully in Theater, you can make out definate words, but we have no basis except for Wort Wort Wort. THe Grunts seem to have their own language, just like Brutes.

And hey, I invented my own language and a complimenting alphabet. (Alba'ha is incredibly hard to pronouce xD I think it would take a full year to help cram all the stressed syllables and accents into a person's head)

Well the sangheili language is going to be a lot more like the 'symbolic' languages just like the Japanese and Chinese language, where the alphabet is not consisted of letters representing certain sounds, but rather short phrases that represent words. Because the sangheili language is a symbol language (Forgot the proper term).

• 12.02.2010 7:13 PM PST
  • gamertag: [none]
  • user homepage:

Everybody loves Grunts!

Glyphs?

And if so, woukld it be somewhat like the german language, allowing for the combination of certain phrases into larger complex words?

example: Hakk = place | Qwe = learning

therefore: hakk'qwe = place of learning = school?

[Edited on 12.02.2010 7:29 PM PST]

• 12.02.2010 7:28 PM PST

Posted by: Gruntpacolypto
Glyphs?

And if so, woukld it be somewhat like the german language, allowing for the combination of certain phrases into larger complex words?

example: Hakk = place | Qwe = learning

therefore: hakk'qwe = place of learning = school?

Sorry, not the japanese language, more like the egyptian, the term would be Logogram, or more commonly known as Hieroglyphs.

The sangheili language has one attribute where symbols have many meanings.

• 12.02.2010 7:57 PM PST

Like 'By' would be 'Yyb'

That's true... I mean, if I am right,(which I SEVERELY doubt), I don't plan on writing essays in Sangheili.

I once wrote a 2 page [foolscap] essay of "I am David" in Ancient.

Mr. Mehling [my literature professor] was all "WTF is this?"

• 12.02.2010 10:52 PM PST

On hiding dead bodies:
Posted by: Psuedo
Posted by: teh Chaz
Inside another dead body. It's the last place they'll look
A corpse within a corpse.
CORPSEPTION.
Win.

Well, reversing speech is a lot easier and quicker than inventing a language from scratch.

Just like how all the Covenant species names are supposed to be taken from the Sangheili language, but are all actually human-language words.

Willing suspension of disbelief.

• 12.03.2010 2:42 AM PST

seriously
By the way, there are many sanghelli clans that would appreciate or correct you on the language. My good alien friend Zoomzoom97 is in a big, serious sanghelli clan.

go to the classifieds and ask for a serious sanghelli clan and they will give you tips

• 12.03.2010 12:39 PM PST
  • gamertag: S7DZ
  • user homepage:

I.W.H.B.Y.D.B.T.D.B.M.O.T.F.

I came to the conclusions That each "Wort" is different depending on slight pitch changes that are hardly noticeable. For example, if you listen real closely the 1st Wort is lower and so that means "Hey you!" or "you there!" The 2nd Wort which is a bit higher pitch clearly mean "Guy in green armor" or Amor clad lad" or "Master Chief" To where as the last one is right in the middle and that means "I'm Going to kill you and bring honor to myself, my family, and my clan!"

The way I figured this all out is they always point at you when they say this so all together- *He Points at you* then says You there! Armor clad lad, I'm going to kill you and bring honor to myself, my family, and my clan!-

I hope you see my reasoning.

• 12.03.2010 1:07 PM PST

Don't worry, you're still your mom's favorite Bnet member.

WORT WORT WORT
!daerht siht fo evorppa I

• 12.03.2010 1:16 PM PST

It's pronounced E-kid-nuh damnit, not e-chid-nuh! >.<

Wort wort wort isn't go go go in sangheili. It's the sound clip of seargent johnson saying Go Go Go but reversed and sped up. Need to read your facts right.

• 01.16.2011 3:36 AM PST

well since wort is 'Trow' backwards.... not go... then I don't think so....

• 01.16.2011 7:45 AM PST

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and i'm all out of bubblegum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyjS3pxCno0

• 01.31.2011 12:25 PM PST