Return of the King.
Looks like MLG is ready to drop the first details of their 2010 Pro Circuit. Halo 3 is back along with some other games you've probably never heard of. Details below. Full line up after the jump.
"The 2010 Major League Gaming Pro Circuit is here. We know that you’re as excited as we are to kick off the next chapter of MLG’s storied history. A lot has changed this year, but what won’t ever change is that MLG remains gaming’s ultimate proving ground, where the world’s top pros and talented amateurs battle for the most coveted prize in gaming: The title of MLG Champion.
2010 features some exciting new announcements: The return of fighting games to the Pro Circuit; the addition of MW2 as an official online Pro Circuit Title; the return of Halo with increased stipends for the top players, as well as the return of both the PC Circuit and the EA Sports Challenge Series.
So buckle up, check out the info below, and be sure to stop back in the coming weeks for additional announcements!
Five Cities, Thousands of Competitors, One Dream
The 2010 Pro Circuit will be landing in five cities across the country. There will be four regular season competitions, followed by the National Championships. We’re happy to bring you the first two cities and dates below:
Pro Circuit Stop 1
ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney World
Pro Circuit Stop 2
Columbus Convention Center
Stay tuned for the announcement of the remaining three cities and dates!
Return of the King
Halo 3 is entering its third season on the Pro Circuit, and 2010 promises to bring tougher competition than ever. With the addition of the Doritos Pro-Gaming Combine, there will be a total of nine Halo 3 competitions this year – and they all build up to one final showdown at the National Championships.
* Registration for MLG Orlando opens March 16 at 7pm ET
* The top 16 ranked teams overall will hold pro status
* Increased stipends for all pro players
* Over $500,000 in season prizes. Full prize list
* Full integration with the Doritos Pro-Gaming Combine, making a total of nine Halo 3 live competitions in 2010
* The first Halo 3 Online Qualifier will be for MLG Columbus, and will help players boost their seed at all live competitions. Online Qualifier competition starts on March 29. Registration opens March 15.
* More info coming soon!"
MLG Announces First 2010 Pro Circuit Details