Halo 3 Man Fandango (updated)
The latest Bungie.net contest has arrived and we're looking for the best Halo gametype variants for a 3 person match. Time to dig through your chapter databases and see if you have what it takes. The Halo 3 Man Fandango Contest
As the name implies, (sort of), this contest is about creating the ultimate custom gametype suitable for a 3 person match. While many of us enjoy a good LAN match and even some one on one, three player games are often hard to come by. That's where you come in. We're calling on all chapters to submit their best custom gametype for Bungie and the Community to crown the "King of all 3 player games."
This contest is only open to 7th Column chapters and each chapter is only allowed to submit ONE
entry. It will be critical that you coordinate with your chapter before you post your entry. If a chapter submits more than one then they will be disqualified. You only have one shot, make it count! Once all the entries are received, we will narrow down the list to the top 7. Bungie will pick their favorite and the community will also be asked to vote on their favorite. The winning chapter(s) and game variants will be immortalized throughout the world of Halo as THE best gametype for a 3 person match.
Since we're dealing with entire chapters, prizes are not exactly feasible. However, the winning Chapter will get great exposure, recognition and most importantly - bragging rights throughout the Column.
Here are the details and official rules, please read them carefully:
1. Gametype variant must be for a 3 person SINGLE XBOX game.
2. The contest begins on Tuesday, March 18 and runs through Sunday, March 30. All entries must be received by midnight on 3/30.
3. The contest is only open to 7th Column chapters
4. Each chapter can ONLY submit ONE entry. Exceeding this WILL result in disqualification.
5. Chapters should enter their gametypes into the official 3 Man Fandango Database
ENTER YOUR CHAPTER
NAME IN THE "NAME" FIELD. You can put the actual name for your custom game in the "DESCRIPTION" area. Any entries that don't have the Chapter name clearly listed in the Name field will not be considered valid.
6. All entries will be judged on the following criteria:
* FUN FACTOR (it should be fun for 3 players of comparable skill level)
* Ease of Use (it has to be something that others can set up without too much hassle).
7. Bungie will narrow down the list to the TOP 7
8. From the Top 7, there will be two winners. First, the Community will have a chance to vote on which gametype they like the most. This will be the "People's Choice"
winner. Second, Bungie will play through the Top 7 and pick the "Bungie's Choice"
9. In the event that the same entry is submitted by different chapters (i.e. the exact same settings), whomever submits it first will be given credit.
Remember, the overall point of this contest is to identify some really fun and cool three player game modes! There are no tangible prizes, just the pride and recognition that comes from having your gametype adopted by Bungie and the Community.