Halo 1 PC/Mac, and Marathon 2 XBLA players rejoice!
If you missed the news in the Weekly Update, (scroll down to the section with the orange block of game UI), players of classic Bungie games get a head start on making their Reach lobby appearance shiny by unlocking some special nameplate images.
Two of these need a few extra clicks on your part to become active, so we're letting you get started now - Halo 1 for PC/Mac, and Marathon 2: Durandal for XBLA. To unlock these emblems:
1. Make sure you're signed in to Bungie.net with the account that's linked to the gamertag you want to tie your Halo PC key to. If you tie it to one account, but only played Halo 2 and 3 on a different account, we CAN NOT help you combine them later to get the emblem for playing all 3. Choose wisely! Obviously, this also has to be the gamertag you'll play Reach with.
2. Visit your Bungie.net account page , then click the Game Settings tab, then the Nameplate Settings link below that.
3. Follow the instruction there to unlock your stuff!
4. Wait an agonizingly long 20 days until 9/14 when you get Reach and play it online
5. Return to the same Nameplate Settings page , where you'll be shown all the nameplates available to you, and you can choose one to use. Return there whenever you feel like changing things up.
6. Questions? Problems? Post here